Oct 23, 2023
Ayurvedic Treatment for UTI: Dr BRC’s Tips
Dr BRC - Millions of individuals throughout the world suffer from urinary tract infections (UTIs), which are a frequent and inconvenient health problem. While antibiotics are frequently used to treat UTIs, interest in complementary and holistic management strategies is developing. The traditional Indian medical system of Ayurveda provides a safe and effective method for treating UTIs. We'll look at Dr BRC's Ayurvedic advice for treating and avoiding UTIs in this blog.
Understanding UTI and its treatment option by Dr BRCIt's crucial to comprehend UTIs before exploring Ayurvedic treatments. UTIs are infections that can affect the kidneys, bladder, urethra, and ureters, among other parts of the urinary system. The lower urinary tract, specifically the bladder (cystitis) and urethra (urethritis), is the site of the majority of UTIs.
UTIs can result in a number of unpleasant symptoms, such as:
- Urination that is painful and frequent.
- A burning feeling when urinating.
- Urine that is cloudy or red.
- Urine that smells strongly.
- Pelvic discomfort or pain.
- Chills and a fever (signs of a more serious infection).
Helpful tips by Dr BRC in the management of UTIHere are some common tips by Dr BRC that will help you in the ayurvedic treatment for UTI.
Keep hydratedDr BRC stresses the significance of maintaining good hydration in order to avoid and treat UTIs. By keeping the urinary tract regularly flushed, proper hydration helps the body rid itself of toxins and pathogens. It can be very helpful to consume lots of water and herbal teas with coriander or cumin.
Balance doshasHealth is viewed in Ayurveda as a delicate equilibrium of the three doshas (Vata, Pitta, and Kapha). It's important to keep your Pitta dosha balanced because UTIs are frequently linked to an exacerbated Pitta dosha. Dr BRC advises a cooling diet full of items like cucumber, coconut, and cilantro to calm Pitta. Steer clear of spicy, fried, and sour foods because these can aggravate Pitta.
Herbal treatmentsHerbs from the Ayurvedic tradition have long been used to treat UTIs.
The following herbal medicines are recommended by Dr BRC:
- The plant known as gokshura (Tribulus terrestris) is known for its diuretic effects and can aid in the removal of toxins from the urinary tract.
- Sandalwood, or chandan, contains cooling characteristics that can help with urination's burning feeling.
- Shatavari lowers inflammation and promotes the health of the urinary tract.
- Punarnava, also known as Boerhavia diffusa, is a potent diuretic that relieves water retention.